Thursday 19 May 2011

Android Security

Android have been suffering from an unknown security problem, where users who log in to different services on unknown networks could get their personal information stolen by hackers! But Google have now come up with a solution to all this, and is releasing a global update that will, hopefully, eliminate the security problems.

It's in particular three applications that have been triggering these problems; Google Contacts, Google Calendar and the image service called Picasa. This update that Google is supposed to release is calculated to reach all Android users within a week, and it fixes the problems in the apps Google Calendar and Google Contacts. Picasa is still however still risky, because of technical reasons. They are working on the fix for it though.

Note: This update does not require you to do anything, it will be done automatically!

I think this is cool, even though I don't really use Android :)

12 comments:

  1. Sometimes I'm happy I don't have a smartphone

    ReplyDelete
  2. At some point in the future, I hope software reaches the point of being bug free.

    ReplyDelete
  3. android user here, i'm happy with it anyway...

    ReplyDelete
  4. hope this doesnt affect my phone!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad I got my BB hate dem touchscreen tings

    ReplyDelete
  6. RIM user here ;P

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love android, but it does have its bugs and glitches.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm really glad to hear this hole is on the way to being patched up.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the info! I've never used them on my android and you're giving me a good reason why I shouldn't use them in future.

    ReplyDelete
  10. One big problem with these smartphones is that there are so many traps that cost money.
    A lot of the users just "agree" if an app wants to have access to messages and stuff.
    The problem is the user, not the software.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I don't understand the appeal of smartphones at all. I have a nice cell phone, but I would much rather be on my computer.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yeah sometimes I think about getting a smartphone, but the cost associated as well as these issues that crop up have made me hesitate.

    ReplyDelete